HelperChoice have joined theDesk in Sai Ying Pun. The company provide a unique ethical service for foreign domestic helpers and employers in Hong Kong and other countries. The company are currently hiring for two positions in Hong Kong. Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to work with a winning team Read more to get the details and apply directly.HelperChoice are hiring for two positions in Hong Kong
Helping with style
Bringing ethiHelperChoice proves that a successful business can also be ethical. The company set up its online platform in 2012. Through the platform, foreign domestic workers can connect with employers, no matter whether the helper is in Hong Kong or their home country.
The company recently joined theDesk in Sai Ying Pun. In a recent interview with the newsDesk Magazine, Country Manager Julie Delignon told us more about HelperChoice and how they have developed a strong reputation as a successful business built on ethical foundations.
Doing things right
Whether we like it or not, helpers may suffer bad experiences in Hong Kong. You have probably seen stories in the press highlighting the darker underbelly of the industry. HelperChoice set out to change this.
As an ethical business, they wanted to cut out the middleman and create a place where people can just talk to each and find the perfect match.
Win, win, win
HelperChoice creates a win-win situation for both employers and domestic workers by offering its specialised marketplace, where everyone can interact and find the perfect match.
HelperChoice is ranked #4 in the list of start-ups in Hong Kong according to Start-up ranking. What’s more, the company gained international awards like the HK Edition of the Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award, the Impact2 competition ‘Get in the Ring’.
Do have you got what it takes?
The company is currently looking to employ the following two positions. Check the details below and apply directly.
- Senior full-stack developer, specialised in Ruby on Rails
- Junior customer success specialist
Software Engineer – Ruby on Rails Developer
We are looking for a full-stack developer to manage a web application with a very big traffic. Our social P2P platform, HelperChoice, was created in 2012 and since 2015 we have been using Ruby on Rails.
You will be in charge of designing and implementing new features as well as maintaining and monitoring the existing platform:
- Develop and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Ruby code
- Integrate data storage solutions (eg PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Help to maintain code quality and organisation
- Implement new features in collaboration with our Country Manager
- Monitor performances and bugs in order to guarantee a unique experience to our users
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
Requirements (but we can also be flexible)
- 4+ years solid professional coding experience in Ruby on Rails
- Experience designing and building web applications (Front-end and Back-end)
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Skills in MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other relational databases
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with Linux and supporting application in a Linux environment
- Fluent in English
- Based in Hong Kong
Customer Success Specialist
- Consistently provides genuine, friendly, personable and professional service while promoting company products
- Can quickly and thoroughly solve problems for customers with the right tone and attitude through multi-channels: phone, email, Facebook PM or comments
- Is very outgoing and comfortable as well on the phone or face to face with customers
- Is multitasking and willing to help in different areas and support all members of the team (like the translation of articles or website features from English into Chinese)
- Is a team player and willing to be a part of a fun and growing start up
- Is willing to support the team to organise events (sometimes on Sunday) with our customers
- Is able to review / monitor customers feedback as well as Customer Success KPIs and propose corrective actions to make sure the best service is provided
- Endeavours to achieve the most reliable and complete data for all existing users
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in customer service including phone calls, emails, live chats and ticketing systems, preferably in Internet industry
- A strong work ethic, communication skills and high levels of empathy
- Fluent in both English and Cantonese. Mandarin speaking is a plus
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work independently
- Plus experience in managing social media channels, especially Facebook
Building inclusive communities at theDesk
Discover us in Causeway Bay and Sai Ying Pun. Let’s make it happen. Together.
Contact email@example.com today. Discover how our inclusive community, flexible plans and pricing can help start and grow your business.